For Bangladesh visa on arrival, travelers need to apply for visit visa to travel Bangladesh in their country of origin. Also there is an arrangement obtaining visa on arrival for every foreigners including non-residence Bangladeshi nationals from immigration authority at the airports and land ports. Generally, after examining necessary visa document by Bangladesh immigration authority you will get maximum 30 days visa at the port of entry. To get Bangladesh visa on arrival, you need to fulfill certain condition which are mention below.
If you have a connecting flight to other destination, you can apply for transit visa at the airport. You will get maximum 72hrs transit visa or till the next available flight in request of the concerned carrier. For this an amount of 20 USD or equivalent amount of foreign currency is to be deposited in the concerned bank account.
Bangladesh visa on arrival eligibility:
- The nationals of those countries where there is no diplomatic mission of Bangladesh may be granted visa on arrival after examining the genuineness of their visit
- On the basis of invitation letters of interested/required body being attested by the Board of Investment/BEPZA, the foreign investors/businessmen may be allowed to issue visa on arrival. In this case, interested/inviting organization must inform in advance the arrival of the foreign visitor(s) to the Bangladesh immigration and passport authority.
- Only for the purpose of official duty, business, investment and tourism citizens arriving from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Russian Federation, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, UAE, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain and the countries of Europe may issue visa on arrival after examining and being satisfied by the immigration authority at the Airports and Land Ports.
- If any foreign national arrives in Bangladesh from a country other than his/her own country, where there is no mission of Bangladesh may be issued visa on arrival.
- Bangladeshi origin foreign citizens, their spouses and their offspring may be issued visa on arrival, on the proof of their being Bangladeshi origin
- The staffs/officials of the foreign missions, UN or its affiliated organizations located in Bangladesh may be issued visa on arrival after examining their appointment letters or other related documents. Only UN passport holders will get such facilities gratis (free of charge)
Visa on arrival requirements:
- Visa fees are to be paid in foreign currencies (US dollar, GB Pound/Euro etc.)
- Visitor must possess minimum USD 500 or its equivalent amount of foreign currency in cash or credit card
- Visitors must have return ticket
- Must have necessary documents to justify his/her visit
- No visa fee will be applicable for the visitors from these countries which are exempted from visa fee.
- On arrival visa fee will be applicable on the basis of reciprocity only
- The concerned intelligence agency must collect complete information of visitors to take necessary action. The immigration authority at Airports and Land Ports will send a monthly report on this issue to the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Department of Immigration and Passports
- Visa on arrival shall be issued only after being satisfied about the purpose of visit. In case of foreign military or defense forces, prior approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs must be taken