The new ePassport is introduced recently by Passport and Immigration Department of the Government of Bangladesh. Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated Bangladesh e-passport on 22 January 2020. But you can still apply for MRP passport in respective district passport office. Here we are showing you step by step application procedure at the Regional Passport Offices in Bangladesh and at the Bangladesh Missions around the World.
Step 1: Check if the new ePassport is already available in your area
If you use the Online Application you can check availability by entering the district of your present address and the Police Station which belongs to your residence.
You can also look up a list of Passport Offices and Bangladesh Missions issuing the new ePassport in the FAQs section.
Step 2: Fill in your ePassport application online
You can apply for new ePassport online application – start the application process according to given directions. You will be guided through the process. And make sure to schedule an appointment for enrolment at the passport office to reduce waiting time.
Step 3: Pay passport fees
You need to pay for your new passport fees online before you visit the passport office to complete the enrollment. You can also pay your passport fees directly to the below listed banks. We recommend to take the printed application form with you when making the bank payment.
Step 4: Visit your Passport Office for bio-metric enrollment
After you submitted your online application AND scheduled an appointment you can visit your passport officer for enrollment. Make sure you have all required documents with you when you visit the passport office. At least this includes the printed application form, payment slip from the bank or online payment, NID card or Birth Certificate, previous passport if available, and other documents. You can only enroll at the passport office which belongs to the area of your present address in Bangladesh. The passport office is shown in the summary of your online application.
Step 5: Collect your ePassport at the passport office
You will be informed by email as soon as your new passport is ready for pick-up at the passport office. If you provided a mobile number you also receive this notification by SMS.
You need to collect your new ePassport personally at the passport office. Please bring the following documents when collecting the passport:
- Delivery slip you received during passport enrolment
- Previous passport (if available)
Important Note: The passport can be handed out to other eligible persons:
- Parents or legal guardians can collect passports of their children/dependents (for minors up to 11 years). Please present NID card of the parents, Birth Certificate of the children and according delivery slips.
- Authorized representatives can collect the applicant’s new passport in cases of serious health issues. This requires a proper signed authorization letter, NID card of the applicant, previous passport of the applicant if available, NID card or passport of the authorized representative.
The passport fee can also be paid at one of the following banks in Bangladesh:
ONE Bank, Premier Bank, Sonali Bank, Trust Bank, Bank Asia, Dhaka Bank.
The following passport fees apply:
Passport with 48 pages and 5 years validity
- Regular delivery within 21 days: TK 4,025
- Express delivery within 10 days: TK 6,325
- Super Express delivery within 2 days: TK 8,625
Passport with 48 pages and 10 years validity
- Regular delivery within 21 days: TK 5,750
- Express delivery within 10 days: TK 8,050
- Super Express delivery within 2 days: TK 10,350
Passport with 64 pages and 5 years validity
- Regular delivery within 21 days: TK 6,325
- Express delivery within 10 days: TK 8,625
- Super Express delivery within 2 days: TK 12,075
Passport with 64 pages and 10 years validity
- Regular delivery within 21 days: TK 8,050
- Express delivery within 10 days: TK 10,350
- Super Express delivery within 2 days: TK 13,800